Walnuts can Improve Memory:
- They are the shape like the human brain.
- Walnuts have several brain-boosting properties and are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that are very helpful to fight against the Alzheimer’s.
- They are extremely rich in anti-oxidants which help with inflammation and can protect cells against free radicals.
- It can also help the heart cope in times of stress and to reduce the of cardiovascular disease in men.
- Walnut-enriched diet can improve memory and motor development as well as a significant reduction in anxiety.
- Walnuts and certain other foods, including broccoli, have been found to also significantly reduce the risk of developing the condition like dementia.
Research on walnuts in improving memory:
The study on mice revealed that human must take equivalent of 1/4 cup of this fruit every day. Researchers then tested that the mice of experiments and mazes that tested their coordination, psychomotor skills and learning ability. The mice that eat a walnuts-enriched diet performed significantly better than the mice that were not.
Lead researcher Abha Chauhan concludes that walnuts extracts could protect the brain from the beta amyloid protein, a protein that often appears in the brain of people with Alzheimer’s.
The research group examined that the effects of dietary supplementation on mice with 6 percent or 9 percent walnuts, which are equivalent to 1 ounce and 1.5 ounces per day, respectively, of this fruit in humans.
One ounce is considered to be one serving of walnuts, and loosely translates to 12 to 14 halves, or 1/4 cup (about a handful).
The study adds to the growing body of research that demonstrates the health benefits of this fruit. For example, studies show that walnuts and other nuts escort adana boast a heart-protective benefit during times of stress. Indeed researchers at Harvard Medical School report that men can reduce cardiovascular risk by regularly eating nuts, including walnuts.
When it comes to dementia,this fruit and certain other foods, including broccoli, have been found to also significantly reduce the risk of developing the condition.
Other brain boosting food such as:
- Dark chocolate
- Green vegetables
- Other varieties of nuts